LAS VEGAS, Nevada – IASA 2015 Annual Educational Conference and Business Show – June 8, 2015 — Clearwater Analytics®, a leading provider of web-based investment accounting and reporting for insurance companies, today announced that it will present with various industry experts during four distinct sessions at the IASA 2015 Annual Conference.
The highly anticipated presentation, Role of the CFO: What Your Peers are Thinking, is based off of survey data from over 450 insurance accounting and finance professionals, including more than 100 CFOs at leading insurance companies. The presentation will take place on Tuesday, June 9, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and will be moderated by Tyler Haws, Director of Worldwide Business Development at Clearwater. The presentation will include a lively Q&A-style discussion with CFOs at various industry-leading insurance companies who will provide an analysis of data from Clearwater's 2015 Insurance Investment Benchmark Survey, with an emphasis on CFO-focused topics, such as operational challenges, recruiting and retention concerns, the investment environment, asset allocation strategies, and other factors critical to driving profits and growth.
The 2015 Insurance Investment Benchmark Survey garnered responses from accounting and finance professionals across all types and sizes of insurers. Some key findings include:
- Nearly two in three respondents indicated that the low yield and investment rate environment is their primary investment-related concern
- Ninety-six percent of respondents believe interest rates will rise in the next three years by an expected average increase of 1.06 percentage points
- Manual data processing represents the primary efficiency-related challenge for CFOs, and over half (52 percent) identify it and data availability as the top reasons preventing a more efficient monthly close process
"As a thought leader in the industry, Clearwater proactively engages with the topics that resonate with insurers," said Haws. "This commitment to quality, relevant content is one reason insurers continue to team up with our investment accounting experts. With these presentations and results from the 2015 Insurance Investment Benchmark Survey, we are truly able to see information in a new way that helps insurers make decisions and better understand what their peers are doing."
In addition to the CFO Roundtable presentation, Clearwater will also present:
- Recent Investment Accounting and Reporting Updates—Monday, June 8, 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- What Are Your Peers Thinking?—Tuesday, June 9, 11:00 a.m. to noon
- NAIC Investment Classification Updates and Review—Tuesday, June 9, 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Clearwater will also participate in the Investment Management Systems Vendor Connect Tour on Monday, June 8.
Clearwater's insurance specialist team will be at booth #514 to provide information about products and services. In addition, the insurance team will lead several specialized trainings and demonstrations in order to answer product-specific questions and lend their expertise on investment accounting and reporting best practices for insurers.