Clearwater Analytics is proud to partner with the Insurance Asset Outsourcing Exchange to provide the
eighth annual Insurance Investment Outsourcing Report – 2021 Edition, a compendium of insurance-focused
investment management firms.
The eighth annual Insurance Investment Outsourcing Report – 2021 Edition is a valuable and up-to-date resource for the industry. Featured are investment strategies for insurers, profiles of clients served (by region, business lines, company size), and insurance AUM in specific strategies. Download the full report or browse through individual profiles below to learn more.
Asset Manager Rankings
- Global Non-Affiliated GA Insurance Assets
- Global Affiliated GA, Non-Affiliated GA and Variable Annuity/Unit-Linked Assets
- North America-Domiciled Non-Affiliated GA Insurance Assets
- Europe-Domiciled Non-Affiliated GA Insurance Assets by Region
- APAC-Domiciled Non-Affiliated GA Insurance Assets by Region
- Offshore/Other Non-Affiliated GA Insurance Assets by Region
- GA Non-Affiliated Insurance Assets by Strategy
Definition of Terms
General Account (GA) assets fund the liabilities underwritten by the insurer and are available to pay claims and benefits to which insureds or policyholders are entitled. General account assets exclude assets held in separate accounts for variable annuity and unit-linked investments as well as pension fund assets.
Non-Affiliated General Account Assets. This category reports the General Account assets each investment firm manages for insurance companies that are not owned in whole or in part by their investment firm, its affiliates or parent company.
Affiliated General Account Assets. This category reports the General Account assets of the investment firm's client organizations that are owned in whole or part by the investment firm, its affiliates or parent company.
Offshore. Assets domiciled in locations commonly referred to as "offshore" including Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Isle of Man, etc.
APAC. Asia/Pacific/Japan domiciled insurance companies
Other regions. South and Central America, Middle East, Africa, Other domiciled insurance companies
- AAM Insurance Investment Management*
- Allianz Global Investors
- Ares Management LLC
- AXA Investment Managers
- Fort Washington Investment Advisors, Inc.
- Generali Insurance Asset Management
- Goldman Sachs
- Guggenheim Investments*
- HSBC Asset Management
- Income Research & Management ("IR+M")
- Insight Investment
- Invesco, Ltd.*
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management*
- Janus Henderson Investors
- Loomis, Sayles & Company, L.P.
- Macquarie Asset Management*
- Madison Scottsdale Insurance Asset Management*
- MetLife Investment Management*
- MFS Investment Management
- Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- Muzinich & Co., Inc.
- Natixis Investment Managers
- Neuberger Berman*
- New England Asset Management*
- Opus Investment Management
- Payden & Rygel
- PGIM Fixed Income*
- Principal Global Investors
- Securian Asset Management, Inc.*
- Segall Bryant & Hamill
- Stone Harbor Investment Partners LP
- Sun Life Capital Management (U.S.) LLC*
- T. Rowe Price
- Victory Capital Management*
- Voya Investment Management
- Wellington Management Company*
- Wells Fargo Asset Management
- Western Asset Management Company
* These managers support the Insurance Asset Exchange's work. Please see the full report for more information on each of them.
The publisher reserves all property rights to this report. This report and contents may not be reproduced or distributed without our written authorization. Copyright 2021, Eager, Davis & Holmes LLC