Clearwater Analytics Announces Next Generation Investment Accounting and Reporting Solution07-Nov-2011
The Clearwater Atlantic Product Release Features Dramatic New Enhancements, Including New User Interface and Flexible Reporting Capabilities
BOSTON, MA – AFP® Annual Conference – NOVEMBER 7, 2011 — Clearwater Analytics, the leading provider of web-based investment accounting and reporting technology for institutional investors, today announced its completely redesigned investment accounting and reporting system at the Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) Annual Conference. The Atlantic product release, currently in beta, provides Clearwater clients with enhanced accounting functionality, including new general ledger (GL) functionality and reports, the ability to combine information from across the Clearwater system into consolidated views, and the flexibility to create, name, modify, save and share dashboards, tables, reports, and statements with other security-entitled users.
Clearwater clients will enjoy Excel-like, table functionality that allow them to add, remove, reorder, and rename columns, create new columns based upon mathematical formulas, sort and freeze columns, filter and group table data. Reports can also be packaged into customized statements. Another important feature of the release is the addition of election-driven GL functionality. Clearwater clients will have the ability to configure GL reports to their specifications, including their GL codes. This functionality eliminates tedious, manual, error-prone processes and speeds clients’ ability to close their books sooner, with greater accuracy.
Driven by feedback from clients, partners and intense market research, the release provides critical improvements that increase functionality, performance and flexibility for Clearwater’s integrated investment Accounting, Compliance, Performance, and Risk reporting solution. During the beta, clients and partners will be able to access both the current and new system and offer feedback. Clearwater will begin upgrading clients to the new solution in January 2012, when it will be available as Book of Record.
“Clearwater’s product development team mandate was to deliver a solution that directly addressed the feedback we gathered from our clients, partners, and key prospects,” said Scott Erickson, Director of Product Management for Clearwater. “The Atlantic Release is a huge step forward, building upon the principle benefits Clearwater provides. Our goal was to develop a solution that would meet the needs of key stakeholders as dynamically and flexibly as possible, while maintaining our core attributes of producing timely, accurate and actionable investment information. We believe that the new solution achieves our objectives and we are excited to start transitioning clients in January,” said Erickson.
Client and partner response to demonstrations of Clearwater’s new solution thus far have been extremely positive. “Clearwater’s existing platform was already a quantum leap beyond legacy accounting and reporting systems for investment portfolios. Its new user interface pushes their solution even further ahead,” said Nigel Allen, Director of Finance & Treasurer at NVIDIA Corporation.
“Clearwater solves the unique challenges associated with portfolio accounting and reporting by taking complex, cumbersome processes and simplifying them with elegant solutions,” said Courty Gates, CEO of Clearwater. “We are proud of the way that the Atlantic Release executes upon our vision. While maintaining the proven calculation engines, the independent data aggregation, reconciliation and validation processes, and the ease-of-use our clients tell us they love about Clearwater, we’ve made sweeping changes to the way that users can interact with the system to gain insight. We are giving clients the power to consume their investment information according to their unique needs and preferences. We’re confident our users will embrace it emphatically.”
Key Features of the Clearwater Atlantic Release
Completely New User Interface:
- Designed to be flexible and customizable, with the ability to save favorites and share with other users
- New dashboard functionality enables users to combine information from across the Clearwater system into consolidated views, including accounting, compliance, performance and risk charts and graphs
- The ability to customize standard, out-of-the-box report views
- The ability to package reports together into customized statements means users can deliver just the information key constituents and stakeholders care about
Enhanced Accounting Functionality:
- New general ledger functionality, including system-wide GL reports with flexible, client-defined elections and a new set-up wizard
- Lock-down accounting so the beginning balance of one period will always match the ending balance of the previous period
- Ability to refresh historical accounting numbers
- A new suite of accounting reports that more closely tie to the client’s GL, as well as functional currency to reporting currency translations, and daily or monthly application of FX rates
- Ability to drill into the underlying security-level contributors of both violating and non-violating compliance rules
- New notes functionality, as well as entitlement-based rule resolution, and a complete audit trail and report
- Flexible performance date ranges
- Multiple indices assigned to a single account
- Standard deviation for additional insight into the portfolio’s performance
- New return types, including book income return and book price return
About Clearwater Analytics
Clearwater Analytics® provides web-based, investment portfolio reporting and analytics for institutional investors, investment managers and custody banks. Launched in 2004, with offices in New York City and Boise, Idaho, Clearwater Analytics reports on more than $650 billion in assets for more than 4,500 institutional investors worldwide.