Clearwater Analytics values the trust you have placed in us and is committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal data. Our policy details the types of personal data we collect from visitors and registered users through our public website, as well as users of the Clearwater SaaS service itself. The practices defined in this policy, utilized by Clearwater, conform to and are compliant with both the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor principles. These principles can be referenced at the official websites below:
Purpose of Information Gathering and Usage
Clearwater gathers and processes personal data for the purpose of providing our marketing and SaaS services to our customers. To fulfill these purposes, Clearwater may access the personal data to provide the services, to address and correct technical or service-related problems, or in response to contractual and legal requirements.
Types of Users
Clearwater collects personal data based on the level of interaction each user has with our website and our SaaS service. Below are the different user types we consider when collecting the data.
Users who visit our public website (http://www.clearwater-analytics.com) and view the content that is available, without signing in.
Registered Website Users
Users who choose to register through our public website (http://www.clearwater-analytics.com) to access special site content (web demonstrations, white papers, etc.).
Clearwater Analytics SaaS Users
Users who are Clearwater's clients (or their agents) and contract with Clearwater to receive our reporting services through our SaaS portal (https://www2.clearwateranalytics.com). This group includes customers of Clearwater Partners who contract to receive reporting services through a Clearwater Partner ("Partner Customers").
Types of Data We Collect
- Your IP address, domain name, referring page and time of visit.
Registered Website Users
- The data types already listed above under Website Visitors.
- Your name, company name, job title, the email address you register with on the site, and state.
- Your selected preferences when interacting with our public website.
- Any information that you provide us by filling out the online forms provided through our public website.
Clearwater Analytics SaaS Users
- Your name, company information, job title, business email address and business phone number.
- Changes you make to your account settings.
- Your Clearwater report usage patterns.
Our Privacy Protections
Clearwater maintains physical, technological and procedural safeguards designed to protect your personal data. Access to your personal data is granted only to those Clearwater employees who need to have it in order to offer our products or provide our services to you. Clearwater utilizes both internal and third party auditing processes in order to ensure that our privacy practices and safeguards are effective and compliant with Privacy Shield and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor standards.
Third Party Information Sharing
Clearwater may share the personal data of our Website Visitors, Registered Website Users, and Clearwater Analytics SaaS Service Users with companies in our corporate family ("our affiliates") and our vendors that support the delivery and marketing of our services to our customers. These third parties may access, process or store your personal data in the course of providing their services. Clearwater maintains contracts with these third parties restricting their access, use and disclosure of your personal data in compliance with our Privacy Shield and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor obligations, and Clearwater may be liable if: 1) these third parties fail to meet those obligations and 2) we are responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. Clearwater may be required to share personal data with public authorities that have enforcement authority over Clearwater's compliance with Privacy Shield, and law enforcement bodies within the scope of a lawful request.
Your Rights to Access, Limit Use, and Limit Disclosure
EU individuals have the right to access personal data stored by Clearwater, and also have the right to limit use and disclosure of that personal data. Clearwater has committed to respecting those rights through our Privacy Shield and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor certifications. Any inquiries or requests relating to access, use limitation and disclosure limitation can be routed directly to Clearwater at email@example.com.
Opting Out of Personal Data Collection
Below are the publicly-facing options available to Website Visitors, Registered Website Users and Clearwater Analytics SaaS Users for opting out of selected types of personal data disclosure.
- You are not required to provide any personal data on our public website as a visitor.
- You may choose whether to provide information through filling in forms on Clearwater's public website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- You may choose whether to complete and respond to research surveys sent to you that we use for research purposes.
- You may choose whether to contact Clearwater directly through email. Email messages sent to and from Clearwater may be monitored and stored.
- You may choose to unsubscribe from email lists/campaigns sent by Clearwater. You may also contact Clearwater's Marketing department to have your personal data removed from our marketing database, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dispute Resolution and Enforcement
If you have concerns related to Clearwater's handling or storage of your personal data, you may direct any inquiries or complaints concerning our Privacy Shield and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor compliance to us at email@example.com. We will respond within 45 days. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at:
Under Privacy Shield principles, if both Clearwater's and our third party dispute resolution firm's efforts fail to resolve your complaint, you may have the option to engage in binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield Panel.
Clearwater's commitments under Privacy Shield are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the United States Federal Trade Commission.
This policy was updated on December 1, 2016.